Re: Intel QAT on A2SDi-8C-HLN4F causes massive data corruption with dm-crypt + xfs

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Wed Mar 02 2022 - 17:28:04 EST

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 03:56:36PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:

> > If not, then these are the patches that should be backported:
> > 7bcb2c99f8ed crypto: algapi - use common mechanism for inheriting flags
> > 2eb27c11937e crypto: algapi - add NEED_FALLBACK to INHERITED_FLAGS
> > fbb6cda44190 crypto: algapi - introduce the flag CRYPTO_ALG_ALLOCATES_MEMORY
> > b8aa7dc5c753 crypto: drivers - set the flag CRYPTO_ALG_ALLOCATES_MEMORY
> > cd74693870fb dm crypt: don't use drivers that have CRYPTO_ALG_ALLOCATES_MEMORY
> > Herbert, correct me if I'm wrong here.
>
> These need to be manually backported as they do not apply cleanly. Can
> you provide such a set? Or should I just disable a specific driver here
> instead which would be easier overall?

I think the safest thing is to disable qat in stable (possibly only
when DM_CRYPT is enabled/modular). The patches in question while
good may have too wide an effect for the stable kernel series.

Giovanni, could you send Greg a Kconfig patch to do that?

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>