Re: next/master bisection: baseline.login on qemu_arm-vexpress-a9

From: Rob Herring
Date: Fri Sep 24 2021 - 16:05:43 EST

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 12:28 PM Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Please see the bisection report below about a boot failure on ARM
> Versatile Express.
>
> Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
> trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
> looks valid.

Have you considered given you have the commit, if there's a Link tag,
sending this as a reply to the original patch? That would be a bit
easier to find IMO.

> Some more details can be found here, for Cortex A9:
>
> https://linux.kernelci.org/test/case/id/614c36cf0c427f123799a2db/

I should have remembered there's a qemu model... Anyways, sending out
a fix in a moment.

The log here was empty. Any reason 'earlycon' is not set here? I also
noticed stdout-path is not set on many of the Arm Ltd boards. I'll
send a patch for that, too. You really shouldn't have to set the
console on the cmdline nowadays unless you want the non-default.

Rob