Re: [RESEND,v5,1/2] bio: limit bio max size

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Fri Apr 09 2021 - 10:47:40 EST

On 4/7/21 3:27 AM, Damien Le Moal wrote:
On 2021/04/07 18:46, Changheun Lee wrote:
I'll prepare new patch as you recommand. It will be added setting of
limit_bio_size automatically when queue max sectors is determined.

Please do that in the driver for the HW that benefits from it. Do not do this
for all block devices.

Hmm ... is it ever useful to build a bio with a size that exceeds max_hw_sectors when submitting a bio directly to a block device, or in other words, if no stacked block driver sits between the submitter and the block device? Am I perhaps missing something?

Thanks,

Bart.