Re: Banana Pi-R1 - kernel 5.6.0 and later broken - b43 DSA

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Sun Jun 21 2020 - 17:10:23 EST

Le 2020-06-20 Ã 12:37, Gerhard Wiesinger a ÃcritÂ:
> Hello Florian,
>
> On 20.06.2020 21:13, Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 6/20/2020 10:39 AM, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>> Can you share your network configuration again with me?
>
> Find the network config below.
>

>>> # OK: Last good known version (booting that version is also ok)
>>> Linux bpi 5.5.18-200.fc31.armv7hl #1 SMP Fri Apr 17 17:25:00 UTC 2020
>>> armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
>> OK, I suspect what has changed is this commit:
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8fab459e69abfd04a66d76423d18ba853fced4ab
>>

>> which, if I remember your configuration correctly means that you now
>> have proper DSA interfaces and so all of the wan, lan1-lan4 interfaces
>> can now run a proper networking stack unlike before where you had to do
>> this via the DSA master network device (eth0). This also means that you
>> should run your DHCP server/client on the bridge master network device
>> now.
>
> Yes, config should be a proper DSA config, see also below. IP config is
> only on brlan and brwan.
>
> Do the changes need a config change?
> e.g. net: dsa: b53: Ensure the default VID is untagged
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/dsa/b53?id=d965a5432d4c3e6b9c3d2bc1d4a800013bbf76f6

No that change does not require a configuration change, the one I
mentioned does, you should only have a single bridge for all LAN ports
and no bridge for the WAN port and no VLAN is necessary since now that
Broadcom tags are enabled, Linux can properly determine which source and
destination port should be used.

Please try that and let me know how it goes.
--
Florian