Re: [RFC, WIP, v6 00/10] media: vidtv: implement a virtual DVB driver

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Thu May 28 2020 - 17:39:54 EST

From: "Daniel W. S. Almeida" <dwlsalmeida@xxxxxxxxx>

This series is work in progress. It represents the current work done on a
virtual DVB driver for the Linux media subsystem. I am new to the media
subsystem and to kernel development in general.

This driver aims to:
- Serve as template for new DVB driver writers
- Help userspace application writers in general
- Push fake audio/video to userspace for testing
purposes
- Push debug information to userspace via debugfs

This should currently be able to feed PSI and PCM audio data to
userspace.

I appreciate any feedback!

Run checkpatch --strict on these. There are several warns and an error
which could improve the code as well as the improving Kconfig entry
as suggested below.

WARNING: please write a paragraph that describes the config symbol fully
#108: FILE: drivers/media/test-drivers/Kconfig:7:
+menuconfig DVB_TEST_DRIVERS

I will send review comments on individual patches.

thanks,
-- Shuah