Re: PROBLEM: Marvell 88E8040 (sky2) fails after hibernation

From: Octavio Alvarez
Date: Mon Jun 24 2019 - 13:08:59 EST

On 6/23/19 7:54 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
I will keep trying 4.14, unless you say otherwise.

It would be interesting though I don't expect too much data.

So all of the above use PCI/MSI. That's at least a data point. I need to
stare into that driver again to figure out why this might make a
difference, but right now I'm lost.

One other data point you could provide please:

Load the driver on Linus master with the following module parameter:

disable_msi=1

That switches to INTx usage. Does the machine resume proper with that?

Hi, Thomas,

I did two tests:

If I boot with sky2.disable_msi=1 on the kernel cmdline then the problem goes away (when back from hibernation, the NIC works OK).

If I boot regularly (disable_msi not set) and then do modprobe -r sky2; modprobe sky2 disable_msi=1, the problem stays (when back from hibernation, the NIC does not work).

Tested on master (5.2-rc6).

Thanks,
Octavio.