Re: PROBLEM: Marvell 88E8040 (sky2) fails after hibernation

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Mon Jun 24 2019 - 11:40:13 EST

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> > > It would be interesting though I don't expect too much data.
> > >
> > > So all of the above use PCI/MSI. That's at least a data point. I need to
> > > stare into that driver again to figure out why this might make a
> > > difference, but right now I'm lost.
> >
> > One other data point you could provide please:
> >
> > Load the driver on Linus master with the following module parameter:
> >
> > disable_msi=1
> >
> > That switches to INTx usage. Does the machine resume proper with that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > tglx
>

> Suspend/resume and hibernation issues are often related to BIOS issues.

Right. The puzzle is that it worked and stopped working at some point and
the cure is to revert a change in the irq core. That change fixed a
regression in MSI and basically restores previous behaviour which should be
very similar to the behaviour in the working old (4.9) kernel.

Still trying to wrap my head around that, but of course everything is a
moving part since then (interrupts, network, ....)

Thanks,

tglx