Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in locks_delete_block

From: Bruce Fields
Date: Sat Nov 17 2018 - 09:04:07 EST

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 08:33:27AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, Dmitry. I've added the tag to the patch in
> my tree. It should show up in linux-next soon.
>
> I still find it a little misleading to say that syzbot reported a bug
> when it actually found a bug inside an earlier version of the patch, but
> I'll just learn to get over it.

The usual tag for someone that found a bug in an earlier version of a
patch would be Reviewed-by:. Is there any reason we can't use that
here? The "syzbot+..." email should be enough on its own, I can't see a
reason why their scripts would need to require a particular tag. Or
maybe we could use Tested-by:, or some other tag made up for this case?

I do worry that someone who sees "Reported-by:..." might for example
mistakenly assume that it would help to backport that patch if they see
a similar-looking oops.

--b.