Re: [patch] docs, debugfs: start explicit debugfs documentation

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Tue Jul 10 2018 - 02:42:44 EST

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:12:48PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:00:17 -0700 (PDT) David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > There is no canonical location for debugfs docuemntation, so start one.

What is wrong with Documenation/filesystems/debugfs.txt?

> > This is primarily motivated to describe the oom_free_timeout_ms interface
> > but it is extended for all the debugfs files that I am personally
> > interested in.
> >
> > Hopefully this can be expanded in the future for better insight into how
> > the various interfaces can be used.

Ah, you are talking about the contents of debugfs files, right? Just
use Documenation/ABI/ if you really want to document these things. But
really, it's debugfs, so things can, and will, change, you should never
build tools that rely on the specific information contained in those
files.

thanks,

greg k-h