Re: building in 32bit chroot on x86_64 host broken

From: Thomas Backlund
Date: Thu Jun 07 2018 - 15:47:58 EST

Den 2018-06-07 kl. 22:40, skrev Linus Torvalds:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 12:35 PM Thomas Backlund <tmb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can work around it for now (or keep the revert in our kernel builds
for now) until it gets properly fixed...
So rather than doing the revert, it's probably better if your
workaround just does

make ARCH=i386 oldconfig

(or maybe even just a "export ARCH=i386" in the environment)

That should get you to continue to otherwise do the same thing.

And if it turns out that your flow is the *only* one affected by this,
and nobody else complains, maybe we can just say "yeah, slight change
in build rules, easy to work around" and leave it at that.

Linus

Yeah, I can live with that too :)

I just wanted to point out the regression in case it was not (sort of) intentional...

--
Thomas