Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Fri Dec 15 2017 - 14:54:41 EST

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 22:02:20 +0800,
weiping zhang <zwp10758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry to let you confuse, WARN_ON means we catch log as following:
WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 3486 at block/genhd.c:680 device_add_disk+0x3d9/0x460

I do not get this warning for any of the kernels I build, whether from Linus' tree or Josh Boyer's Fedora tree. It shows up when I test kernels built by Fedora, but those don't have your debug patch.

I do not know what is different. Do you have any ideas? Most likely I won't be able to test any more kernels until Monday (unless I can use most of my most recent build over again very soon).