Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Fri Dec 15 2017 - 12:43:43 EST

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 09:18:56 -0800,
Laura Abbott <labbott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can see the trees Fedora produces at https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwboyer/fedora.git
which includes the configs (you want to look at the ones withtout - debug)

Thanks. I found it a little while ago and am already doing a test build without weiping's test patch to see if that kernel provides what he(?) needs. Doing a rebuild with the test patch will go pretty quickly. So if I get the message with device_add_disk from these kernels, I should be able to get the information this afternoon. If there is some other reason I don't get that when I do the builds, I'm probably not going to be able to figure it out and get a build done before I leave. I don't live close enough to the office that I'm going to want to drive in just to be able to do a reboot test. (And my hardware at home does exhibit the problem.)

If you have some other idea about why I might not be seeing the device_add_disk message, I'd be interested in hearing it.