Re: [GIT PULL] IPMI updates for 4.15

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 18:19:07 EST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Corey Minyard <minyard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> NOTE: As Jessica sent in the module request, there was a conflict
> between the module code and this code, some IPMI driver code
> was split into a different file that the module tree modified. I
> merged in the module tree to fix the conflict. Hopefully I did
> this all correctly and the merge is smooth for you, and I believe
> you need to merge the module code first.

So this pull looks ok, but in general I would have just preferred
tohave been just notified about what the conflict is and what's going
on, and I can merge those things up. It was just an argument that got
constified in the module tree, I could have fixed it up trivially.

That way the pull requests don't end up being dependent on each other like this.

Linus