[ANNOUNCE] New linux-rseq tree on kernel.org

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Tue Oct 17 2017 - 15:24:01 EST

Hi,

I have created a linux-rseq tree on kernel.org to make it easier for
developers of userspace applications and libraries to try out Restartable
Sequences. It is available at

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rseq/linux-rseq.git/

The volatile branch "rseq/dev" is the ongoing development. It will
be periodically rebased on the latest tags from Linus.

I will also push tags from time to time. I just created a tag
including changes based on feedback from the past few days as:

v4.14-rc5-rseq-20171017

Note that the system call numbers currently used may have to be
bumped whenever rebasing onto a new tag from Linus. Thus, when
updating to a newer tag, it is important to refresh kernel headers
with e.g.
"rm -rf /path_to_kernel/usr/include/ && cd /path_to_kernel && make headers_install"
and build your application with -I/path_to_kernel/usr/include
so the right kernel headers are used.

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

Mathieu