Re: ktest help

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Apr 06 2017 - 12:49:33 EST

I added LKML (others may want to know this too), and John, who's going
to help me maintain ktest.

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 11:34:45 -0500
Timur Tabi <timur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > My answer is above. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
>
> Thank you, that fixed it. I will submit a patch that adds a note so that no
> one else makes that mistake.
>
> Do you have any more sample kconf files? I'm trying to get ktest to work

I have lots of kconf files. ktest is basically the only way I build my
kernels now :-)

> with my environment. The way I boot my target is, after it's powered on,
> the system PXE boots a Grub. From that screen, I press 'c' to get the
> command line, where I enter a command prompt and then type in "boot". Like
> this:
>
> grub> linux AUSB33_SDP_Linux/Image.q rootwait rw ip=dhcp root=/dev/sda2
> rootfstype=ext4 panic=1 acpi.debug_level=2
> earlycon=pl011,0xff78ed1000,qdf2400_e44
> grub> boot
>
> This tftp's the kernel image (Image.q) and then boots. I'm having
> difficulty figuring out how to implement that in ktest.

Can you make a script do this? If so, then you can simply tell ktest to
call that script. See the options SWITCH_TO_TEST and SWITCH_TO_GOOD.

-- Steve