Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 21

From: Chris Metcalf
Date: Tue Jun 21 2016 - 14:38:27 EST

On 6/21/2016 2:28 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 07:29:18PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

>OK, I seem to have a tilepro-linux-gcc-6.1.1 build done. Lets see if I
>can build me a kernel with it.
The below, much larger than desired, patch seems to make it go again.

I had to s/__atomic_fetch/__atomic32_fetch/ to avoid a namespace clash
with the builtin C11 atomic primitives.

You want me to rename them all to regain consistent naming?

Yes, it's probably the right thing to do. All the internal routines with "atomic32"
or "atomic64" I assume you mean?

So what's your build process for the cross tools, by the way? I'm assuming
you're not doing a total bootstrap cross-tool build since you'd need minimal
kernel headers (linux/errno.h or whatever) in that case. I assume you're using
the host headers to build the cross tool?

So I'm a little confused how the other kernel headers are working out for you,
e.g. <arch/icache.h> is referenced when building the tilegx libgcc.

--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com