Re: [RFC 7/8] Start migrating XUSB away from MFD

From: Martyn Welch
Date: Mon Nov 02 2015 - 08:22:32 EST

On 02/11/15 12:47, Lee Jones wrote:

From: Martyn Welch <martyn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is my initial attempt to get xusb working without being a MFD on the
latest upstream kernel. It's still a bit hacky in places, but does seem to
get the USB2 up and working (USB3 device is recognised as a USB3 device
rather than enumberating as a USB2 device).
After my 20 second look at the 2 patches of this set you sent me, I've
concluded that it looks barking mad. In patch 2 you're adding the
XUSB MFD driver, then in this patch you're telling us that you're
moving away from MFD despite adding more code to the subsystem.

Hi Lee,

Sorry, seems git send-email added you of it's own volition.

I've sent these patches to the mailing list for comment/help not for submission. As mentioned in the cover email, the first 5 patches are from an existing series that has been rejected. The later 3 patches show my modifications. I have not yet moved these files from the MFD directory, but will before submission (the series will be reworked so that the driver never goes into the MFD area).

Besides, I'm never applying a patch that self confesses to be "hacky
in places" into Mainline, ever.

As I mentioned before, I'm posting these patches for comment (hence why I've marked them as "RFC" not "PATCH").

Martyn