Re: [Consult] cris: arch-v10: About $dtp0 register

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Date: Wed Aug 05 2015 - 12:56:35 EST

> From: Chen Gang <xili_gchen_5257@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 16:39:00 +0200

> On 8/5/15 12:32, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> >> From: Chen Gang <xili_gchen_5257@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:32:52 +0200
> >
> >> On 7/9/15 08:44, Chen Gang wrote:
> >> The latest upstream cris gcc will cause issue for next-20150720 with
> >> allmodconfig (although it can let next-20150702 pass allmodconfig):
> >>
> >> CC [M] kernel/rcu/rcutorture.o
> > [...]
> >> include/linux/rcutiny.h:55:20: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> >> static inline void rcu_barrier_sched(void)
> >> ^
> >> 0xad879f crash_signal
> >> ../../gcc/gcc/toplev.c:352
> >> 0xbf0fb8 tree_check(tree_node*, char const*, int, char const*, tree_code)
> >> ../../gcc/gcc/tree.h:2857
> >> 0xbf0fb8 fold_builtin_alloca_with_align
> >> ../../gcc/gcc/tree-ssa-ccp.c:2110
> > [...]
> >
> >> If no any additional response, I shall try to fix it in the next month.
> >
> > No need to enter a new bug report, this appears to be
> > <https://gcc.gnu.org/PR67055>. It is also observed for other
> > ports, at least with the original C++ test-case there. I added
> > a reduced rcutorture.c to the bug-report. Thanks.
> >

> OK, thanks. :-)
>
> And next, I shall try to cross compile kernel for another archs, hope I
> can start in 2015-08-15 -- during these days I am trying tilegx qemu for
> gcc testsuite (mainly for floating point insns and pending issues).

(Hopefully on-topic as the bug is likely to appear for multiple targets:)

Or pick up any gcc-6.0 snapshot later than or equal to r226616,
as a fix is now committed. I just verified that the fix covers
the original and reduced kernel test-cases. The fix is not on
the 5.x branch yet but I believe it is likely to be back-ported
in time for 5.3.

brgds, H-P