Re: [wsa:i2c/quirks 7/11] drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-axxia.c:452:27: sparse: symbol 'axxia_i2c_quirks' was not declared. Should it be static?

From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Fri Jan 09 2015 - 05:57:29 EST

Hi Fengguang,

> It's normally private emails, except for the ones that carry patches
> with them. In which case public mailing lists will also be CCed.

OK, thought so.

> > Is there a way to achieve this? I know that adding "experimental" to the
> > branch name will skip the testing. Is there another pattern to prevent
> > sending mails to everyone?
>
> I wonder if the occasional public emails are acceptable to you.

Not really. If I push out development code which is good enough to be
build tested but not ready to be sent upstream yet, I think other people
and mailing lists should not be bothered.

> not, it'd be trivial for me to add a list of "personal git trees"
> where all emails including the auto generated patches will be kept
> private (if commit author == committer).

For my workflow, everything except "for-current" and "for-next" should
be private. I do appreciate the patches for those two, so thanks for
that in general!

All the best,

Wolfram