Re: [GIT PULL] ipmi driver updates

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 11 2014 - 17:40:43 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Corey Minyard <cminyard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.code.sf.net/p/openipmi/linux-ipmi openipmi-linux-ipmi for-linus

So I see a "for-linus" tag now, but what's that "openipmi-linux-ipmi"
thing in there?

Also, just in general, please use the normal "git pull-request"
script, which should make these kinds of things clear and error out if
the tag isn't found (at least in current versions of git).

> Also, there was nothing in SubmittingPatches that I could find about
> signing the tags for pull requests. I can try to write something to add
> there, if you like. Though someone with more experience might be a
> better candidate.

Hmm. You might want to google around too, because this has come up
before, so there might be explanations lying around on the mailing
lists that just haven't been made into documentation.

Linus