Re: commit message 8a5b20aebaa3 refers to non-existing commit ?

From: David Rientjes
Date: Thu Jul 03 2014 - 17:48:48 EST

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014, Toralf FÃrster wrote:

> in
> commit 8a5b20aebaa3d0ade5b8381e64d35fb777b7b355
> Author: Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed Jul 2 15:22:35 2014 -0700
>
> slub: fix off by one in number of slab tests
>

> you stated:
>
> Fixes 91cb69620284 ("slub: make dead memcg caches discard free slabs
> immediately").
>

> which I cannot find in main line currently. Pls could you point me to that commit ?

It hasn't been pushed to Linus yet, it's still sitting in the -mm tree:
http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/broken-out/slub-make-dead-memcg-caches-discard-free-slabs-immediately.patch

Not sure where the SHA1 came from, probably linux-next. So the fix made
it to Linus before the offending commit, but the code is still correct.