Re: dcache shrink list corruption?

From: Al Viro
Date: Wed Apr 30 2014 - 00:04:47 EST

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 07:56:13PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > OK, aggregate diff follows, more readable splitup (3 commits) attached.
> > It seems to survive beating here; testing, review and comments are
> > welcome.
>
> Miklos, did you have some particular load that triggered this, or was
> it just some reports? It would be really good to get this patch some
> stress-testing.
>
> I like how the patch removes more lines than it adds, but apart from
> that it's hard to read the patch (even the split-out ones) and say
> anything more about it. I think this needs a *lot* of testing.

FWIW, the first two are really straightforward expanding the function
into its only callsite. The last needs more splitup. Not sure if the
following is good enough, but it ought to be at least somewhat cleaner.
Combined change is identical to the original, so it doesn't invalidate
the testing so far...