Re: [patch] x86: Introduce BOOT_EFI and BOOT_CF9 into the reboot sequence loop

From: Adam Williamson
Date: Fri Feb 28 2014 - 17:17:12 EST

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 06:11 +0800, Li, Aubrey wrote:
> On 2014/3/1 1:47, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> >> I'll defer to you if no one on the list supports me to add cf9.
> >>

> > I believe we *had* it in the default list for a while, and it caused
> > hangs on some systems.
>
> So this can be finalized, add EFI after twice ACPI reboot attempt. I'll
> update the bugzilla and the patch.
>
> Thanks,
> -Aubrey

I believe Matt still wanted to check the status of "the recent patches
to provide a 1:1 mapping" and only commit this after those. I was trying
to figure out what patches he meant exactly so I could check that status
(I'm helping! I'm helping!) but I couldn't.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey