Re: Next Long Term Stable?

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Nov 21 2013 - 12:30:11 EST

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 03:42:26PM -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I realize it's likely too early to even be inquiring about the next
> Longterm Stable kernel you'd be selecting to maintain, especially
> since you've recently selected the v3.10 kernel. However, I thought
> it wouldn't hurt to at least mention that Ubuntu will anticipate
> shipping a v3.13 based kernel for the upcoming Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> release happening in April 2014. If it were possible, I know the
> Ubuntu kernel engineers would be interested in aligning and
> contributing to the next Long Term Stable Kernel you choose. At the
> very least, I hope this information gives you at least one extra data
> point for when you do select the next Longterm Stable kernel you plan
> to maintain. Thanks again for all the stable support and maintenance.

Thanks for letting us know, but given that I have stated numerous times
that I can not maintain 3 longterm stable kernels at the same time, and
if you look at the published supported schedule at:
https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html
it's going to be impossible for me to choose 3.13 as a longterm kernel,
sorry.

But best of luck with your LTS kernel, and if you find patches that are
applicable for 3.10, please feel free to send them to
stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so that we can pick them up for that release as
well.

thanks,

greg k-h