Next Long Term Stable?

From: Leann Ogasawara
Date: Wed Nov 20 2013 - 18:42:33 EST

Hi Greg,

I realize it's likely too early to even be inquiring about the next
Longterm Stable kernel you'd be selecting to maintain, especially
since you've recently selected the v3.10 kernel. However, I thought
it wouldn't hurt to at least mention that Ubuntu will anticipate
shipping a v3.13 based kernel for the upcoming Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
release happening in April 2014. If it were possible, I know the
Ubuntu kernel engineers would be interested in aligning and
contributing to the next Long Term Stable Kernel you choose. At the
very least, I hope this information gives you at least one extra data
point for when you do select the next Longterm Stable kernel you plan
to maintain. Thanks again for all the stable support and maintenance.

Regards,
Leann