Re: [RFC 3/4] ASoC: Allow Aux Codecs to be specified using DT

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Oct 28 2013 - 15:50:08 EST

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 06:53:42PM +0100, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 09:37:21AM -0700, Mark Brown wrote:

> > This doesn't apply against current git, please check and resend.

> Can you give me a git url to rebase against? I used current git
> master from torvalds.

From MAINTAINERS:

SOUND - SOC LAYER / DYNAMIC AUDIO POWER MANAGEMENT (ASoC)
M: Liam Girdwood <lgirdwood@xxxxxxxxx>
M: Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx>
T: git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git
L: alsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (moderated for non-subscribers)
W: http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/ASoC
S: Supported
F: Documentation/sound/alsa/soc/
F: sound/soc/
F: include/sound/soc*

> > Please also consider your CC list more carefully, there's an awful lot
> > of people on this...

> I added exactly those recipients, that were returned by
> ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl for the patchset.

> The list of involved people is quite long, because the patchset
> touches devicetree, documentation, boardcode, asoc and the specific
> driver.

You shouldn't be using the output of get_maintainers directly, you
should understand why everyone it's including is in the list and if they
really should be. This is especially important if you are sending a
series that covers many subsystems, or nested subsystems.