Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Mon Oct 28 2013 - 04:46:48 EST

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 08:47:22AM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:00:48AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> > > Unless you guys want to do a revert I guess there's not much to do but to
> > > warn Linus in the ARM pull request that a conflict is coming up.
> >
> > From Will's description, it sounded like this could be quite hairy to
> > fix up, so I'd like to include the conflict resolution in the pull
> > request so Linus has something to refer to if needed. Could someone
> > please forward me that?
>
> Hi Russell,
>
> I've attached the relevant parts of the resolution, although I'm not
> sure if anybody's actually confirmed that it's correct.

I'm not sure whether that can happen any time before -final - Will is
(storm dependent) flying out to Linaro Connect today, and I've no idea
who to turn to for this to be tested for ARM.

I guess we have some time given that Linus has released -rc7 and his
comments during the Kernel Summit/in the rc7 announcement.