Re: ddccontrol doesn't work on the new kernel

From: Bruno PrÃmont
Date: Sat Oct 26 2013 - 06:12:16 EST

CCing intel-gfx as it is related to intel GPU driver and might get missed
by intel developers on LKML.

Looking at the linked pastebins ddcontrol seems to make use of the same
i2c/DDC line but getting different results.

Surprising info I see in dmesg, that does apply to both kernels, is
that uvesafb attaches intel GPU *after* i915/KMS has done so.
Both i915 and uvesafb seem to be modular.

Bruno