Re: linux-next stats (Was: Linux 3.12-rc1)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Wed Sep 18 2013 - 02:32:58 EST

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > So better than last time, but it would be still nice to figure out where
>> > the last lot came from. I have the "git log --oneline --no-walk" list if
>> > someone wants them.
>> >
>> > Some breakdown of that list:

>> I'm totally confused by these stats..
>>
>> The target-pending/for-next pull had ~30 commits with the term 'target'
>> in the first word of the commit summary, and yours truly had 40 commits
>> merged.
>>
>> Is there a reason why these would not be showing up in the above..?
>
> These are the lists if things that went into Linus' tree but were *not*
> in linux-next prior to the merge window opening.

Perhaps it should be made a little bit clearer that it's a hall of shame, not a
hall of fame? If you miss "the last lot", and continue reading to the various
"top ten"s, you really think you want to be part of them...

The first time they got published, I was also caught by this :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds