Re: Debugging system freezes on filesystem writes

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Sun Sep 15 2013 - 20:06:17 EST

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:19:41PM +0300, Marcus Sundman wrote:

> It's a SanDisk SSD U100.

Here's one report of someone who had an experience with U100 in an
Asus UX31E:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/32515

> A lot. I have lsyncd running here most of the time, backing up to my
> raid-z NAS which in turn uses a versioned off-site backup system.
> Anyway, this is an Asus ZenBook computer and can't be opened. Well,
> it can, but that will void the warranty at the very least.

Personally, I avoid like the plague laptop computers where I can't
replace the storage devices (or upgrade memory, etc.) without voiding
the warrantee....

I generally order laptops without the flash device, and carefully
select for high quality flash devices. Otherwise, you end up paying
too much for what is generally shoddy equipment....

- Ted