Re: sht15 kernel driver

From: Chris Rodley
Date: Wed Aug 28 2013 - 23:43:51 EST

Thanks Jerome!

That was just what I needed to know.
The device is now set up and is working well - I will have a go at back porting now.

Many thanks again for your help!
Chris

On 29/08/13 11:08, Jerome Oufella wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to get a sht75 humidity and temperature sensor working
with the linux kernel module in 3.2.
Is there a code example for application code that you have available?

Many thanks,
Hi Chris,

There was much less support for the sht15 back in 3.2 compared to recent
kernel releases. You may want to backport features and/or fixes to suit
your needs.

You can find a usage example for 3.2 in arch/arm/mach-pxa/stargate2.c
around line 140:

First, create a platform data struct and specify which GPIO lines are
hooked to the data and sck lines of your sht-15:
static struct sht15_platform_data platform_data_sht15 = {
.gpio_data = 100,
.gpio_sck = 98,
};

Then setup a platform device referencing those platform data, that you
will have to register on the platform bus using platform_add_devices()
or equivalent:

static struct platform_device sht15 = {
.name = "sht15",
.id = -1,