Re: sht15 kernel driver

From: Jerome Oufella
Date: Wed Aug 28 2013 - 19:08:49 EST

Chris Rodley <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get a sht75 humidity and temperature sensor working
> with the linux kernel module in 3.2.
> Is there a code example for application code that you have available?
>
> Many thanks,

Hi Chris,

There was much less support for the sht15 back in 3.2 compared to recent
kernel releases. You may want to backport features and/or fixes to suit
your needs.

You can find a usage example for 3.2 in arch/arm/mach-pxa/stargate2.c
around line 140:

First, create a platform data struct and specify which GPIO lines are
hooked to the data and sck lines of your sht-15:

static struct sht15_platform_data platform_data_sht15 = {
.gpio_data = 100,
.gpio_sck = 98,
};

Then setup a platform device referencing those platform data, that you
will have to register on the platform bus using platform_add_devices()
or equivalent:

static struct platform_device sht15 = {
.name = "sht15",
.id = -1,