Re: qlcnic binary sysfs file abuse

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 16:09:05 EST

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 07:37:46PM +0000, Sony Chacko wrote:
> [...]

What applications care about the internal data structures of the kernel
driver? What can those applications do with that information? What
happens when you have a 64bit kernel on a 32bit userspace? How about
endian issues on different processor types? That sounds like a
nightmare to even consider getting correct...

Anyway, I'll move them to debugfs, thanks.

greg k-h