Re: Tux3 Report: Meet Shardmap, the designated successor of HTree

From: Andreas Karlsson
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 11:46:12 EST

Hi,

I assume it is serious since ideas cannot be copyrighted in most (or maybe even all) countries.

From the FAQ of the U.S. Copyright Office [1]:

"Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed."

"How do I protect my idea?

Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work."

Andreas

[1] http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html#what_protect