Re: Possible tty VT1 disallocate regression

From: Peter Hurley
Date: Fri Jun 14 2013 - 18:02:22 EST

On 06/14/2013 05:35 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 09:47:40PM +0100, Ross Lagerwall wrote:
Hi,

Ever since commit 421b40a6286e ("tty/vt: Fix vc_deallocate() lock
order"), the first VT does not clear when I log out. AFAIK, this means
that disallocation is not working? The problem only affects the first
VT, the others clear when logging out.

And if you revert that patch, does it all start working again?

thanks,

greg k-h

p.s. In the future, please cc: the people who handled the patch you are
asking about, otherwise stuff like this often gets missed in the noise
of lkml.

I've already been re-reviewing the VT indexing to see if or what I missed.

Thanks,
Peter Hurley