Re: [patch v2 3/6] mm/memory_hotplug: Disable memory hotremove for32bit

From: Hush Bensen
Date: Sun May 26 2013 - 08:45:23 EST

ä 2013/5/26 19:58, KOSAKI Motohiro åé:
As KOSAKI Motohiro mentioned, memory hotplug don't support 32bit since
it was born,
Why? any reference? This reasoning is really weak.
I have no seen any highmem support in memory hotplug code and I don't think this
patch fixes all 32bit highmem issue. If anybody are interesting to
support it, it is good thing. But in fact, _now_ it is broken when
enable HIGHMEM.

But online/offline memory can work well when enable HIGHMEM, isn't it?

So, I just want to mark broken until someone want to support highmem
and verify overall.

And, yes, this patch is no good. Kconfig doesn't describe why disable
when highmem.
So,

depends on 64BIT || !HIGHMEM || BROKEN

maybe clear documentation more.