Re: PROBLEM: modprobe hang at startup (3.8.x, 3.9.x, IBM x3550)

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri May 17 2013 - 04:49:44 EST

On Thu, 16 May 2013 13:44:55 +1000, Robert Norris wrote:
> > Then do a simple read from a random address
> > with:
> > # i2cget 4 0x50 0x00
> > (Adjust the bus number as needed.)
> > I am curious if this will hang as well or only when accessing the
> > clock chip at address 0x69.
>
> Yep, that one hangs. The hung task handler picked it up after a few
> minutes.

Hmm, can you please dump the PCI configuration space of the SMBus
controller?

# /sbin/lspci -s 00:1f.3 -xxx

It might be that you have interrupts routed to SMI# instead of the
regular IRQ line. The driver is supposed to disable interrupt support
in that case, but I have never tested it.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare