Re: [GIT PULL] Block IO core changes for 3.10

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Wed May 08 2013 - 11:12:02 EST

On Wed, May 08 2013, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Below are the block layer core changes for 3.10. The pull request
> > contains:
>
> This is late in the game. I'm assuming this does *not* contain the
> stuff that you talked on on G+ that you were still working on at the
> beginning of the merge window?

No of course not, that stuff is still in development. It's in the
new-queue branch, with some luck it can make 3.11 perhaps. Or if not,
then 3.12. So it's a bit off still.

Frankly the pull is just late since I have been busy with that and
company bits. If you look at the history, there's been no changes in
more than a week.

> Quite frankly, I'm not at all interested in pulling stuff that wasn't
> ready when the merge window opened, and I'm not at all happy with
> getting this pull request in what is essentially the end of the merge
> window.

There are no new developments in that branch that haven't been done for
at least a merge window.

--
Jens Axboe