Re: i915 black screen introduced by ACPI changes

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 15:19:11 EST

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Chris Li <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Starts to smell like a bog-standard i915 black screen bug (albeit with
>> a strange cause for the regression). Can you please boot the broken
>> kernels again with drm.debug=0xe and grab the complete dmesg?
>> Depending upon how long it takes for your wifi to get up, you might
>> need to extend the log buffer, it dumps a lot.
>
> Here is the dmesg with "drm.debug=0xe". It is from the tip of git
> kernel. The computer has the black screen.
> Let me know what else do you need.

The debug option did not stick for some reason. Also you're hitting a
bunch of WARNs in our driver self-checks. Iirc those should be fixed
in the latest code. Can you please test with the latest
drm-intel-nightly branch from

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel

Also can you please attach a dmesg from a working kernel without the
i915.modeset=0 option?

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter