Re: i915 black screen introduced by ACPI changes

From: Chris Li
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 15:01:13 EST

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Chris Li <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is the dmesg with "drm.debug=0xe". It is from the tip of git
> kernel. The computer has the black screen.
> Let me know what else do you need.

More probing. When I use type "reboot" via ssh. The machine will
able to exit the black screen and show normal text based terminal
for the systemd shutdown message.

However, even if I switch the default run level to 3, without starting
X. The black screen still appear. I guess the black screen disappear
when kernel stop using virtual terminal.

I also verify that, in the good 3.6.x kernel. I am able to logout from
X and log back in without trigger black screen of death.

Chris