Re: Debugging Thinkpad T430s occasional suspend failure.

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 17:51:03 EST

On 02/16/2013 11:46 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Adding Peter Anvin to the people, just in case he sees what's wrong
with the system call stub generation that keeps excessively old object
files around. If it's easy to fix, it might be worth trying to make it
ok to switch from i386 to x86-64 and back in the same tree.

I have not been able to reproduce this; it seems to Just Work[TM].

The syscall header stuff is definitely not to blame: it doesn't even *see* the CONFIG_ settings; instead they are only used to determine which subset of files to create, but the files themselves are configuration-independent. This is by design.

As such, without an actual known to fail test case there isn't much I can do.

-hpa