Re: Query related to MSR(Magnetic Stripe Reader) Device Driver

From: Jonathan Cameron
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 12:26:27 EST

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 04:48:33PM +0530, Priyaranjan Das wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Priyaranjan Das
>> <priyaranjan456789@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi Greg,

>wish to
>available
>anyone

>show up as
>What type of

>hence

>communicate the
>want

>that
>userspace

>the
>driver

>> > Thanks for your help!.
>> >
>> > Yes, you are right, it should be under drivers/input.
>> > I am trying to prepare the design right now.
>> >

>> The MSR IP can be also be used either as a general purpose ADC or in
>> Magnetic stripe card reader mode.The IP supports both the modes and
>> provides FIFO for storing ADC data.
>>
>> I also got to know about IIO subsystem where ADC drivers are
>> implemented. Our use-case will be to use either Magnetic Stripe
>reader
>> mode or general purpose ADC mode in a given configuration. Can I use
>> IIO subsystem for the Magnetic Stripe driver?
>
>The IIO developers would know best about this, not I, sorry.

The gp ADC stuff will fit nicely in IIO. I am afraid I don't know
much about these devices. Could you give a brief description
of what the hardware does and what processing and outputs
you would want from the driver.

That separation between what is in hardware and what software may dictate how the driver is broken up.

Thanks

Jonathan