Re: Debugging Thinkpad T430s occasional suspend failure.

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 10:50:38 EST

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul? Apparently you end up with a dead machine at least
> during resume and no oops. Which isn't very helpful. Maybe
> there is possibly some BUG_ON() in the RCU code somewhere?

AFAICS there's no BUG_ON() or panic() in the RCU code, outside
early init code allocation failure paths where we genuinely
can't continue.

( Unless it _is_ one of those BUG_ON()s triggering during early
resume, reconstructing kernel threads, or the BUG_ON() comes
in indirectly via some other way ... )

Dave, one thing that might be worth trying is to disable
CONFIG_BUG and see whether the system manages to limp through to
get console output?

Thanks,

Ingo