Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the mfd tree

From: Roger Quadros
Date: Tue Feb 12 2013 - 09:47:14 EST

On 02/11/2013 08:52 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [130210 22:11]:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
>> arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-host.c between commit 8a89e93237e1 ("mfd:
>> omap-usb-host: Consolidate OMAP USB-HS platform data") from the mfd tree
>> and commit c1d1cd597fc7 ("ARM: OMAP2+: omap_device: remove obsolete
>> pm_lats and early_device code") from the arm-soc tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
>> is required).
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Samuel, up to you, but I suggest you just drop these patches for
> now if still possible unless other patches are based on these.

Samuel, please feel free to drop the 20 patches you pulled from me recently.

I have another set patches that would depend on them and I think it is better if
both sets go through usb and arm-soc trees. This would avoid some confusion.

Once you confirm I can add your Acked-by's to them and send fresh pull requests
to Tony & Greg. Thanks.

> All OMAP USB people, doing these things should be pretty trivial,
> just follow these steps:
>
> 1. Do all the platform data and header changes first so we can
> put them into a shared minimal topic branch either in the
> USB tree or arm-soc tree
>
> 2. Modify the USB driver(s) based on #1 and have them merged into
> the USB tree
>
> 3. Add new arch/arm related pdata and .dts entries based on #1
> so we can merge it via arm-soc tree
>
> 4. Remove all the old crap later on to avoid extra dependencies
> between these branches

Thanks Tony.

cheers,
-roger