Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the mfd tree

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 13:52:40 EST

* Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [130210 22:11]:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-host.c between commit 8a89e93237e1 ("mfd:
> omap-usb-host: Consolidate OMAP USB-HS platform data") from the mfd tree
> and commit c1d1cd597fc7 ("ARM: OMAP2+: omap_device: remove obsolete
> pm_lats and early_device code") from the arm-soc tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).

Thanks again.

Samuel, up to you, but I suggest you just drop these patches for
now if still possible unless other patches are based on these.

All OMAP USB people, doing these things should be pretty trivial,
just follow these steps:

1. Do all the platform data and header changes first so we can
put them into a shared minimal topic branch either in the
USB tree or arm-soc tree

2. Modify the USB driver(s) based on #1 and have them merged into
the USB tree

3. Add new arch/arm related pdata and .dts entries based on #1
so we can merge it via arm-soc tree

4. Remove all the old crap later on to avoid extra dependencies
between these branches

Regards,

Tony