Re: kvmtool tree (Was: Re: [patch] config: fix make kvmconfig)

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 12:38:49 EST

On 02/11/2013 08:34 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's complete nonsense. If you want to use pieces of the kernel
infrastructure, then just *take* them. There are loads of projects which
use the kernel config tools, for example. There's no need to be *in* the
kernel repo.

Exactly. I do *not* want a abstraction layer just because somebody
wants to use it. It causes idiotic guards in the header files etc. We
already had that pain with the user-level header inclusions etc.

Just copy it.

The UAPI work and "make headers_install" already has cleaned things up immensely.

-hpa