Re: kvmtool tree (Was: Re: [patch] config: fix make kvmconfig)

From: Anca Emanuel
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 08:58:26 EST

[quote]the ultimate goal being to make this new socket family
hypervisor-neutral[/quote]
That was from vmware.
If somebody will make something generic, to please xen, kvm, vmware,
and others in an 15 to 20 years time...
Then a tool like this will be accepted ?

Linus, you know this tool was only for x86.
Now if you look at this:
https://github.com/penberg/linux-kvm/commit/051bdb63879385e12b7e253b72cdde909a5e0b9b
There are other platforms added.
Look here: https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Virtualization
[quote]kvmtool is used meanwhile[/quote]
They are using it !