Re: [char-misc-next 03/11] mei: bus: Initial implementation for I/O routines

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 06:52:50 EST

On Thursday 07 February 2013, Samuel Ortiz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 10:34:44PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 February 2013, Tomas Winkler wrote:
> > > +
> > > +struct mei_bus_ops {
> > > + int (*send)(struct mei_bus_client *client, u8 *buf, size_t length);
> > > + int (*recv)(struct mei_bus_client *client, u8 *buf, size_t length);
> > > +};
> > > +
> >
> > Can you have more than one set of mei_bus_ops in a driver?
> You can have at most one mei_bus_ops per mei_bus_client.
>
> > If not, how about adding the callbacks to the mei_bus_driver structure
> > directly as a simplification?
> I can add the ops directly to the mei_bus_client structure, yes.

I looked at the new version, and it's not what I assumed it would be.
I thought the operations were specific to a client driver and should
be part of the /mei_bus_driver/ structure, not the /mei_bus_client/.

Did I misunderstand what these functions do, or did you misunderstand
what I was asking for?

Arnd