Re: Odd ENOMEM being returned in 3.8-rcX

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 17:06:11 EST

Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> So it looks mock is taking a buggy untested code path and things are not
>> working as it expected.
>
> Quite possibly, yes. I instrumented the kernel a bit and it is indeed
> failing in the alloc_pid call.
>
> Clark, thoughts here?

I will just add the solution is probably for mock to fork immediate
after the unshare succeeds in creating a pid namespace. With the
original process waiting for mock to exit and the child process
doing everything that mock does now.

That will allow mock to act as the init process in the pid namespace it
just created.

Eric