Re: [RFC] arm: use built-in byte swap function

From: Woodhouse, David
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 12:25:30 EST

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 18:13 +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> However, the biggest reason not to use libgcc is that we want to control
> what gets used in the kernel - for example, no floating point, and no
> use of 64 x 64bit division.

Which is all very sensible. But there's no particular reason we couldn't
add a __bswap[sd]i2 to the kernel's version of libgcc if we wanted to.

If we're compiling with -Os on platforms without 'rev' and that's the
thing that makes most sense, then we should make it work.

--
Sent with MeeGo's ActiveSync support.

David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation